Re: 2 scanners on startup--have only one

From: Bob van der Poel (
Date: Fri Jul 14 2000 - 17:08:27 PDT

    Oliver Rauch wrote:

    > xsane looks for all devices listed in the config file of the backend.
    > The backend normally looks for /dev/sg* and /dev/scanner
    > If you set a link from /dev/sgb to /dev/scanner xsane _must_ find
    > a scanner at /dev/sgb and /dev/scanner.
    > Simply remove /dev/scanner

    Okay. That works just fine. Thanks. Now, I notice that in
    /etc/sane.d/microtek.conf there is a line /dev/scanner. Should I change
    this as well, or is it something left over from history?

    Thanks again!

      /  )      /         Bob van der Poel

    -- Source code, list archive, and docs: To unsubscribe: echo unsubscribe sane-devel | mail