Re: scsi command queuing

From: Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Date: Sat Jul 01 2000 - 00:31:22 PDT

    Douglas Gilbert wrote:

    > As an example I found it strange that a Umax 1220S reports
    > that it can do synchronous transfers in its INQUIRY (max
    > 10 MB/sec) .

    Hi Doug,
    Can you send me the inquiry block of the debug output of the umax backend?

    > Perhaps the proprietary
    > drivers for the supplied SCSI card know this, side step the
    > standard, and configure for the higher transfer speed. [This
    > is pure speculation on my part.]

    That is what I thought at first toom but it does not explain why
    scanning speed under windows is still twice as fast with the
    ncr53c8xx instead of the scsi adapter that is delivered by umax.

    Bye
    Oliver

    --
    Homepage:       http://www.wolfsburg.de/~rauch