TODO for 1.0.3

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (hmg-ml@gmx.de)
Date: Fri Jun 30 2000 - 11:44:30 PDT

    these are the things that should be done (in my humble opinion) before 1.0.3:

    * sane_close () bug: mostly done
      Remaining backends with bug:
      - artec: Maintainer (Chris Pinkham) has been contacted, no response yet
      _ v4l: Petter Reinholdtsen has been informed

    * configure:
      should be updated from configure.in (non-developers tend to don't know
      autoconf)

    * :interface entry in *.desc: mostly done (not really neccessary for 1.0.3
      but nice to have)
      The following backend.desc files haven't been updated yet. The maintainers
      have been contacted.
      - artec: no response yet
      - canon: should be updated soon
      - coolscan: no response yet
      - hp: patch was sent to Petter
      - microtek: no response yet
      - microtek2: maintainer has no time at the moment but will update .desc (and
                   the backend itsself) later

    * manpages for all backends: mostly done (also not really neccessary but ...)
      The following backends don't have manpages at the moment:
      - canon: I sent a draft manpage to the maintainer, this should be included
               soon
      - coolscan: no response yet
      - dc210: no response yet
      - snapscan: no response yet
      - v4l: Anybody wants to write one?

    If you add a manpage to CVS don't forget to update the README, too.

    I am away (probably without internet access) until 2000-07-12. Please send
    patches/updates that should be included into SANE 1.0.3 to one of the other
    developers.

    Happy scanning,

    Henning