Re: scsi command queuing

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (hmg-ml@gmx.de)
Date: Fri Jun 30 2000 - 10:59:17 PDT

    On Thu, Jun 29, 2000 at 12:13:23AM +0200, Oliver Rauch wrote:
    > Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
    >
    > > Same here. I looked at the scanning times when the backend does nothing but
    > > getting data from the scanner and ignoring it. There was no big change in
    > > scanning time (about 5 %). With the original SCSI adapter the Mustek
    > > scanners are about twice as slow as with Windows despite large (4 MB) SCSI
    > > buffers and tweaking the Linux SCSI driver.
    >
    > 4 MB images are not the problem of the umax backend.

    I am not talking about image size but about SCSI buffer size. With most
    Mustek scanners and the Mustek SCSI adapters the scan stops after each read
    command and backtracking occurs. So I am trying to scan with large buffers.
    Standard is 1 MB at the moment. The scan speed is dependant from the
    resolution and image with (but not from length).

    Bye,
      Henning