Re: Test backends with 'scanimage -T'

From: Petter Reinholdtsen (pere@hungry.com)
Date: Thu Jun 29 2000 - 21:10:39 PDT

    [Karl Heinz]
    > Maybe we should add this as one more testcase in the test mode:
    > After the last read close the scanner, re-open it and try to do
    > another scan.
    >
    > This will make sure that a short read will not screw up the scanner.

    Sounds like a very good idea. Please go ahead and implement it. :-)

    [Nathan Stenzel]
    > We should have a script file to try to thoroughly test the scanimage
    > and xscanimage. Maybe we should have it so that the person can
    > add/remove/order/view scanners in the list to test. This would be
    > cool and would make it easier for the newer people to be able to
    > participate.

    The -T test in scanimage is a test like this. It run a 'complete'
    test on the first available backend (normally the only one), and test
    all the features that should be working. Testing X applications
    automatically is a bit harder - and not implemented.

    > I am trying to help test the plustek 4800P, but I don't know what
    > all tests need to be done. Also, the xscanimage seems to work more
    > than the scanimage does for me. I would like to know if xscanimage
    > calls scanimage or what.

    'scanimage -T' should do all the tests for you. Just run it an report
    the result back to the list.

    It would be nice to have a repository of test results, with a script
    to generate a summary web page with the current status of the
    different backends. Volunteers?

    --
    ##>  Petter Reinholdtsen  <##  |  pere@td.org.uit.no