Re: Test backends with 'scanimage -T'

From: khk@khk.net
Date: Wed Jun 28 2000 - 16:41:14 PDT

    On Wed, Jun 28, 2000 at 04:09:04PM +0800, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

    > Be sure to test your backend with 'scanimage -T' to check if it is
    > working according to the specifications before we get to v1.0.3.
    > Remember to test both networked and local access to the backend.
    >
    > Earlier (before 1.0.2), it was reported that at least the epson and
    > the mustek backend failed this test. Is this still the case?

    Thanks for reminding me, I just commited the changes to fix this for
    the EPSON backend. The test did actually work, but just once. It left
    the scanner in a state in which it was unusable.

    Maybe we should add this as one more testcase in the test mode: After
    the last read close the scanner, re-open it and try to do another scan.

    This will make sure that a short read will not screw up the scanner.

    I can not test the network scanning right now. Somehow my system can
    not deal with the net backend any more... This is not an EPSON issue,
    scanimage also dies with a segfault if I have just the pnm backend
    enabled... I guess I have to do some debugging.

    Karl Heinz