Mustek SE12000SP Plus

From: Gerald Teschl (gerald@esi.ac.at)
Date: Wed Jun 28 2000 - 10:50:23 PDT

    Dear all,

    I just bought a Mustek SE12000 SP Plus and tried to get it to work under
    RedHat 6.2 but failed.
    Here is my setup:

    I have an Adaptec AH-2940 SCSI controller to wich an internal CD writer
    (id 4) and the
    scanner (id 6) is connected:
    [root@dopefish /root]# cat /proc/scsi/scsi
    Attached devices:
    Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 04 Lun: 00
      Vendor: GENERIC Model: CD-R CRD-R800S Rev: 1.10
      Type: CD-ROM ANSI SCSI revision: 02
    Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 06 Lun: 00
      Vendor: SCANNER Model: Rev: V101
      Type: Scanner ANSI SCSI revision: 01 CCS

    I have RedHaat 6.2 + updates (including the 2.2.16 kernel). I compiled
    the sane 1.0.2 and
    xsane 0.57 (since it was claimed to be the stable version).

    I tried

    [root@dopefish /root]# scanimage -L

    but got nothing (should'nt I at least get the two virtual devices!?)
    Next I figured that the correct device should be /dev/sgb and linked it
    to scanner.
    I tried again but with the same result.

    [root@dopefish /root]# scanimage -T -d /dev/sgb
    scanimage: open of device /dev/sgb failed: Invalid argument

    I looked at the man pages (sane-mustek sane-scsi) but couln't find any
    information.
    The scanner works under windows (but I'd rather whipe it off my disk
    again).
    Hence I try to get some help on this list.

    Any comments are highly appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Gerald