scsi command queuing

From: Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Date: Wed Jun 28 2000 - 08:26:23 PDT

    has someone experience with a sane backend and scsi command queueing?

    I am just working on it for the umax backend.

    At first I created some routines that replace the pipe to transfer the
    data from the reader_process to the main process, it uses shared memory
    instead (on systems where shared memory is available, otherwise the pipe is
    used).

    Unfortunetly it does not speed up scanning large images. It really looks like
    the comunication via the scsi bus is not fast enough.

    So I added scsi command queueing into the umax backend. But I am not
    sure how I can see
    1) how/if it works (sanei_scsi debug output is not good enough)
    2) what I can do to speed up the comunication (it also does not help a lot).

    Any help is appreciated

    Bye
    Oliver

    --