Re: Towards release 1.0.3?

From: Petter Reinholdtsen (pere@hungry.com)
Date: Sat Jun 24 2000 - 03:15:58 PDT

    [Henning Meier-Geinitz]
    > Speaking about the v4l: After make distclean; ./configure ; make I
    > get:
    >
    > [...]
    > making all in backend
    > make[1]: Entering directory /usr/src/sane/backend'
    > make[1]: *** No rule to make target libsane-@V4L@.la', needed by all'. Stop.
    > make[1]: Leaving directory /usr/src/sane/backend'
    > make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

    You will need to run autoconf to update configure with the V4L
    checking.

    > The .desc should be updated also: version number without brackets,

    I know this and it is fixed in my CVS tree.

    > :devicetype is specified twice (same in v4l2.desc), has :interface
    > any meaning for APISs? I don't think so, so just omit it?

    Obs. I' try to fix the :devicetype and skip :interface before doing
    my next commit.

    If someone manage to get the video for linux backend working, please
    let me know. :-)

    --
    ##>  Petter Reinholdtsen  <##  |  pere@td.org.uit.no