Re: Towards release 1.0.3?

From: Petter Reinholdtsen (pere@hungry.com)
Date: Thu Jun 22 2000 - 20:42:25 PDT

    [Henning Meier-Geinitz]
    > I wasn't sure if qcam has Parport or proprietary interface, can
    > somebody enlighten me about this?

    The quickcam is a parport camera. It should be using the sanei_pio
    API, but it is a long time since anyone worked on it. It should
    probably be removed - users are probably better off using the
    video4linux backend instead.

    > Shall I change the .desc files for the backends not included in the
    > distrubution also?

    Try sending a patch to the maintainers first.

    --
    ##>  Petter Reinholdtsen  <##  |  pere@td.org.uit.no