Sane 1.0.2 RPM from Mandrake 7.1

From: Daniel James (daniel@mondodesigno.com)
Date: Tue Jun 20 2000 - 09:28:51 PDT

    The RPM of 1.0.2 is dated 17th April and works well, apart from one or
    two minor 'issues'. xscanimage froze during the preview when I tried it
    as root. As a normal user, the only bug I've discovered is when you
    launch xscanimage (either alone or as a Gimp plug-in). The scanner makes
    the usual resetting noise, but then the error light comes on. This has
    never happened before. It doesn't stop the scanner working though.

    Next I'm going to compare the scan results with those from the Windows
    driver. I've just scanned a greyscale ultrasound print-out with the Gimp
    plug-in, and there's some banding apparent on it. Could just be an
    interference pattern.

    A big cheers to everyone who worked on the Epson backend!

    Daniel