Re: invalid argument?

From: Christophe Thommeret (hftom@club-internet.fr)
Date: Thu Jun 15 2000 - 11:52:47 PDT

    Le Thu, 15 Jun 2000, vous avez écrit :
    > I've uninstalled the RPM of sane-1.0.1-8mdk, compiled 1.0.2 with the
    > latest Epson backend, and I still get exactly the same error. The only
    > difference is that the scanner now makes the resetting noise when
    > scanimage is invoked. scanimage -L and find-scanner still see it at
    > /dev/scanner. Could it be something broken in Mandrake 7.0 that's casing
    > the problem? Does anyone else on this list use it?
    >
    > I'm rebooting into windows to use the scanner - first time in weeks...
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Daniel
    >

    > > > I've had this Epson GT-5000 SCSI scanner working fine before under
    > > > RedHat, but after installing Mandrake 7.0 when I type scanimage I get:
    > > >
    > > > scanimage: sane_start: Invalid argument

    Typing "scanimage" whithout any option means "scanimage -d
    fisrt_available_device' . Then, if , for example, pnm backend is enabled in
    dll.conf, scanimage try to start reading from pnm's "source selection" option
    filename which defaults to /tmp/input.ppm. So, if you haven't such a file....

     --
    Christophe