question about network protocoll...

From: Jochen Eisinger (jochen.eisinger@gmx.net)
Date: Mon Jun 12 2000 - 14:21:38 PDT

    I have a problem with the authentification process: In net.c the
    SANE_NET_OPEN function is called. When the backend requires user auth,
    saned replies with reply.ressource_to_authorize = ressource. net.c then
    calls the frontend auth_callback and sends SANE_NET_AUTHORIZE. Then the
    backend->do_auth continues and if the user/pass was correct succeeds.
    Saned then returns reply.handle = handle, which net.c discards. Next
    net.c retries to open the device, which must fail, because the
    ressources are already allocated.

    Where is the error? I don't know...

    I'm trying to write a backend that uses user authentification, but it
    somehow doesn't work...

    -- jochen