Re: HOWTO for finding a parallel scanner

From: D Clyde Williamson (dclydew@interhack.net)
Date: Sun Jun 04 2000 - 15:07:10 PDT

    Douglas Gilbert wrote:

    > D Clyde Williamson wrote:
    > >
    > > I need to find a howto or at least some help in getting sane to find my
    > > parallel port scanner. All the ppSCSI modules are loaded, the HP 5200C
    > > is supported... but sane can't seem to find any device with a scanner
    > > attached.
    >
    > What does 'cat /proc/scsi/scsi' say. Can you see your scanner
    > listed there? Is the sg driver built into the kernel or loaded
    > as a module? [To list loaded modules used 'lsmod'.]

    under /proc/scsi I find epst and scsi cat'ing scsi I get:

    Attached devices:
    Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
      Vendor: HP Model: C7190A Rev: 3846
      Type: Processor ANSI SCSI revision: 02

    cat'ing epst/0 I get:

    ident: epst 0.92 (0.92), Shuttle EPST
    base port: 0x378
    mode: 0
    mode name: Nybble
    delay: 1
    nice: 0
    verbose: 0
    quiet: 0
    tot_cmds: 31
    tot_bytes: 584
    tot_errs: 0
    parport device: parport0
    claimed: 0

    I think that hp.conf may be screwed up it currently says:

    /dev/scanner

    /dev/scsi0

    Any thoughts?

    > And I guess you know about the pages:
    > http://www.torque.net/parport/ppscsi.html and
    > http://www.buzzard.org.uk/jonathan/scanners.html

    Yes, that's where I got the epst ppscsi etc modules at.