Re: musteka4s2: problems

From: Jochen Eisinger (jochen.eisinger@gmx.net)
Date: Fri Jun 02 2000 - 19:08:44 PDT

    Paulo Abreu wrote:

    > I'm trying to use the musteka4s2 backend with sane 1.0.2:
    >
    > If I do a
    > scanimage -d musteka4s2:0x378
    > I get a
    > open of device musteka4s2:0x378 failed: Invalid argument

    What scanner is connected to your PC? Is it still this Mustek SE12000P?
    In this case, the scanner is just not recognized. the backend just
    supports ASIC-ID 1013 (CCD-Type 0 & 1) and ASIC-ID 1015 (CCD-Type 0, 1&4
    are unstable) scanners. The Mustek SE120000P reports ASIC-ID 1505
    (CCD-Type unknown)...

    > If I use a different argument to the right of the : I get often a seg
    > fault, eg:
    > scanimage -d musteka4s2:0x278

    This is a bug... the backend fails to gain IO privileges using ioparm()
    when the device isn't mentioned in the config file. When the backend
    tries to detect the scanner it catches a SIGSEGV...

    > Even adding --help, or -T, the same resut comes out.
    >
    > Am I doing something wrong?

    no ;-)

    > Paulo

    -- jochen

    --
    Don't throw your PC
    out of the window throw Window's out of your PC.