poor poor support from Microtek was: Microtek Scanmaker 630 S

From: Harald Finster (finster@ave.ac.agit.de)
Date: Fri May 19 2000 - 00:23:29 PDT

    Harald Finster wrote:

    > The same problems occur with Microtek X6 (I reported about quite recently).
    > Currently I try to get the latest firmware-release ( > 1.6 ) from Microtek,
    > because the problems mentioned seem to be solved with V1.6 (and higher)

    Hi,

    I contacted Microtek (Germany and NL as well) in order to get a firmware
    update which would (hopefully) solve the problems reported.
    Unfortunately Microtek does not seem to be willing to help.

    I have been asking for a FIRMWARE update.
    Microtek's answer was:

    > The SANE driver is never provided by Microtek. Microtek does not support
    > Linux.

    My reply:
    > I am NOT asking for driver support, but for an update of firmware
    > which is obviously buggy. (V1.3 -> V1.6 or higher)

    Microtek's reply:
    > We do not own driver SANE, we can not give you an update. Any updates can be
    > found at:
    > http://www.mostang.com/sane/ Can be found with any search engine.

    WOW, at least, they know where SANE can be found.

    My reply:
    > I am aware of this.
    > What I am looking for is the latest Version of the Firmware,
    > ^^^^^^^^
    > which is part of the scanner (residing in the scanner - EPROM)
    > My EPROM is labelled with V1.3 and the driver software indicates this too.
    > I know, that the system will work correctly with V1.6.
    >
    > So, again, I am NOT talking about DRIVER-SOFTWARE!

    Microtek's reply:
    NONE

    So, my question is: is my English soooo bad, that they don't
    understand me :-)

    Harald

    --
    Harald Finster