Re: "Standard" or "best" image format?

From: Nick Lamb (njl98r@ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Sat May 13 2000 - 19:02:12 PDT

    For pixel fairy, but Reply-To: List is set so...

    On Sat, May 13, 2000 at 04:10:24PM -0700, pixel fairy wrote:
    > another problem is again, photoshop. for some reason
    > it stores black and white images as 2 channel tiffs
    > that nothing in linux can read.

    Send me one when you have it to hand and I'll stick it in my
    TODO pile. Wild and wonderful TIFF formats are usually ten
    minutes (oh, but ten minutes each, and there are seemingly an
    infinite number). Try to make it obvious what it's supposed
    to look like, or include a JPEG.

    One day Gimp will load everything :)

    Nick.