Re: ASPIROUT.sys not recognized by OS/2 Config.sys

From: Mentore Siesto (s135989@studenti.ing.unipi.it)
Date: Tue Apr 18 2000 - 03:26:10 PDT

    On Tue, 18 Apr 2000, R Talbot wrote:

    RT >I run (OS/2 warp 4 fix pak 8) and (LINUX kernel 2.2.13 Caldera 2.3)..
    RT > Last week on downloaded , from the SANE site the latest for
    RT >both OS s ..
    RT > The LINUX version binaries worked right out of the box, but not OS/2
    RT >ver..
    RT >THis is the same machine Dual Booting with LILO...
    RT >OS/2 hardware manager sees the Mustek 1200ls SCSI scanner on ID #6..
    RT >I have a SCSI HD and CDROM the controller is Adaptec 1542...
    RT >
    RT >The Problem seems to be ASPIROUT.sys ... it refuses to load, I tried
    RT >device=C:\os2\boot\aspirout.sys ..... and
    RT >basedev=aspirout.sys

    Did you try the already compiled version, present in
    http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/pub/os2 ???

    RT >w/ device= the error message at boot is aspirout.sys is not a valid
    RT >device driver..
    RT >w/basedev= the message at boot is cannot find aspirout.sys...
    RT > this means no matter where I put it or with what path...
    RT >DO I Have a faulty driver or am I making another error...
    RT > Yes... : ) I am loading after os2aspi.dmd
    RT >like so,,,
    RT >BASEDEV=AHA154X.ADD
    RT >BASEDEV=OS2SCSI.DMD
    RT >BASEDEV=OS2ASPI.DMD
    RT >device=d:\os2\boot\aspirout.sys

    Everything should be right. Try with ASPIROUT.SYS from Hobbes or Leo, it's
    present also at ftp.quasarbbs.com IIRC.

    --
    Mentore Siesto
    Team OS/2 Italia