RE: linotype-hell is just that!

From: Jeanna Fissel (jmfissel@neologism.com)
Date: Sun Apr 16 2000 - 08:41:54 PDT

    Ok, I've done the following:

    [root@sandman /root]# export SANE_DEBUG_UMAX=12
    [root@sandman /root]# /usr/local/bin/scanimage -Lv
    [sanei_init_debug]: Setting debug level of umax to 12.
    [umax] sane_init
    [umax] This is sane-umax version 1.0 build 18
    [umax] (C) 1997-2000 by Oliver Rauch
    [umax] EMAIL: Oliver.Rauch@Wolfsburg.DE
    [umax] attach_scanner: /dev/scanner
    [umax] attach_scanner: opening /dev/scanner
    [umax] attach_scanner: sanei_scsi_open_extended returned scsi buffer size =
    16384
    [umax] init
    [umax] backend runs on little endian machine
    [umax] variable scsi buffer size (usage of sanei_scsi_open_extended)
    [umax] initialize_values
    [umax] identify_scanner
    [umax] do_inquiry
    * scanner JADE version V1.2 on device /dev/scanner
    konsole[umax] attach_scanner: scanner-identification failed
    [umax] attach_scanner: /dev/sg1
    [umax] attach_scanner: opening /dev/sg1
    [umax] attach_scanner: sanei_scsi_open_extended returned scsi buffer size =
    16384
    [umax] init
    [umax] backend runs on little endian machine
    [umax] variable scsi buffer size (usage of sanei_scsi_open_extended)
    [umax] initialize_values
    [umax] identify_scanner
    [umax] do_inquiry
    * scanner JADE version V1.2 on device /dev/sg1
    konsole[umax] attach_scanner: scanner-identification failed
    [umax] attach_scanner: /dev/sgb
    [umax] attach_scanner: opening /dev/sgb
    [umax] attach_scanner: sanei_scsi_open_extended returned scsi buffer size =
    16384
    [umax] init
    [umax] backend runs on little endian machine
    [umax] variable scsi buffer size (usage of sanei_scsi_open_extended)
    [umax] initialize_values
    [umax] identify_scanner
    [umax] do_inquiry
    * scanner JADE version V1.2 on device /dev/sgb
    konsole[umax] attach_scanner: scanner-identification failed
    [umax] sane_get_devices
    [umax] sane_exit
    [root@sandman /root]#

    Thanks again!!!!