epson 1200U working but not usable

From: Aaron Krowne (akrowne@vt.edu)
Date: Sat Apr 15 2000 - 13:37:10 PDT

    Well thanks to Karl Kremer my epson 1200U now works.

    I thought it was working completely, however, I ran into some problems
    after scanning a few things, and now the scanner will not work at all.

    I scanned about 3 things in xscanimage, then i got an "invalid argument"
    message or something from xscanimage, and the scanner stopped working.

    The first time this happened, I fixed it by turning the scanner off,
    then on.

    I was able to do another 1 or 2 scans before this happened again.
    Turning it off and on fixed it.

    After one more preview scan, this happened again. This time i had to
    remove the scanner.o driver and reload it to make it work.

    I got a portion of a preview scan in, before i got the "invalid
    arugment" error again.

    This time, I had to remove scanner.o, usbcore.o, and usb-uhci.o and
    reload them to even be able to see the scanner in /proc/bus/usb/devices,
    and scanning will not work.

    Now my scanner.o module is stuck and will not remove because it claims
    it is being used (i do not have xscanimage opened or anything).

    Any ideas?

    Thanks,

    Aaron Krowne