Re: scanimage -L crashes SuSE 6.4

From: Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Date: Fri Apr 14 2000 - 06:18:49 PDT

    Nick Lamb wrote:

    > To list, since it sets Reply-To:
    >
    > On Thu, Apr 13, 2000 at 07:14:41PM +0200, Oliver Rauch wrote:
    > > Hi Nick,
    > >
    > > it is not an xsane bug at all.
    > > It is a problem between gimp and localisation functions in (g)libc.
    >
    > I don't see this problem, what does i18n have to do with incorrect
    > transparency and/or magical checkerboxes appearing in Gimp?
    >
    > Since I'm a Gimp developer and I've never ever heard of this problem
    > I think there's some communication failure here...

    As far as I heard it is a problem with conversions like (eg.) strtod()

    expected format for german setting : strtod("0,8")

    expected format for usa setting: strtod("0.8")

    when you call with german setting strtod("0.8") you get 0 or 8 (both possible)

    The problem only occurs when xsane does call gtk_set_locale()

    Bye

    Oliver

    --
    Homepage:       http://www.wolfsburg.de/~rauch