Re: scanimage -L crashes SuSE 6.4

From: Bernhard Scheffold (bernhard@adinfinitum.de)
Date: Wed Apr 12 2000 - 09:58:46 PDT

    On 11-Apr-00 abel deuring wrote:
    > Bernhard Scheffold wrote:
    >

    >> I have gotten rid of the crash by going back to sane-1.0.1 :-(
    >>
    >> So the problem doesn't seem to be in the scsi drivers.
    >>

    > There seems to be a complex combination of reasons... Yesterday evening,
    > I played a little bit with the aha1542 driver, and it seems that the
    > driver detects a corrupted scatter-gather list (== fragmented buffer)
    > for the SCSI data. The aha1542 works fine, if the maximum required
    > buffer size is 32 kB. As soon as the buffer size is increased to 32769
    > bytes, I get the kernel crash,
    >
    > Therefore, you might try to configure sane-1.0.2 with the option
    > --enable-scsibuffersize=32768

    That gets rid of the crash. Thank you very much! I've only got another problem
    with using xsane as a Gimp-plugin: Gimp displays a checkerboard instead of the
    scanned image data. :-(

    Bernhard.

    --
    Bernhard Scheffold . Breisacherstrasse 37 . D-79106 Freiburg . Germany
    E-Mail: Bernhard.Scheffold@adinfinitum.de