PR440FX NOW successful with xsane

From: Kurt Savegnago (ksaves2@theramp.net)
Date: Tue Apr 11 2000 - 19:56:02 PDT

    Hello again,

       Bradley was right. I fired up my old 2.2.13 kernel I had lying around
    on my dos partition using loadlin and viola' xsane actually came right up
    when I clicked on GIMP .18! WOW. I tried to do 1.0.4 and did have the link
    on the machine but it didn't come up. The machine at least did not lock
    up so I was able to go back to .18.

       I actually was right about the kernel code being the issue as I guess
    the later kernels aren't as stable on my particular motherboard. Well I
    can start to fine tune to settings and get off to scanning. The H-P
    6300 under scsi is really pretty good. I just have to get it right so
    it doesn't take 20mb to store one image. (Yeah I know I can fix-it
    under GIMP or XV)

                                            Best regards,
                                            Kurt Savegnago
                                            ksaves2@theramp.net