Re: sane 1.0.2 tar.gz

From: Steve Sheriff (fsanta@arrakis.es)
Date: Sat Apr 08 2000 - 10:15:37 PDT

    > RPM's tend to install things to /usr/bin while the source install with by
    > default install to /usr/local/bin, if you have /usr/bin in your path
    > before /usr/local/bin it will find the old versions of the binaries and
    > run those. Try uninstalling the rpm that will more than likely solve your
    > problem.
    >
    > Bradley =)
    >
    > > I tried to install 1.0.2 and I can see new files in /usr/local/bin etc. But the
    > > old versions of the frontends continue. I notice after unpacking the tarball
    > > that there is a front end directory with a file called xscanimage.c but no
    > > information as to how to install it. Should I remove the 1.0.1-4 rpm and try
    > > 1.0.2 again perhaps?
    > >
    > > Any ideas anyone?

    Hi and thanks

    I uninstalled the sane rpm and ran through
    ./configure
    make
    make install
    in the unpacked 1.0.2 directory as root.

    however there is still no xscanimage in /usr/local/bin although there is a
    scanimage and various other directories that 1.0.2 put there.

    Any further ideas?

    Thanks once more, Steve.