Umax 2200 (again!)

From: Steve Sheriff (fsanta@arrakis.es)
Date: Sat Apr 08 2000 - 02:11:54 PDT

    Hi everyone.

    1. Installed sane 1.0.2 but now get the error

    xscanimage: error in loading shared libraries: libgimp-1.1.so.7

    Can't find it anywhere. Anyone know where I can find it?

    2. Meanwhile with 1.0.1-4 can still only scan from root. Any ideas on how to get
    it to run under a user?

    3. Is there any way I can select just a small part of the preview image to scan?

    4. Can't quite see why there are xsane and xscanimage. Don't they do the same
    thing?

    Am slowly getting there I think and thanks for your patience.

    Steve & Clara.