scanner Umax 2200 not found

From: Steve Sheriff (fsanta@arrakis.es)
Date: Fri Apr 07 2000 - 10:37:29 PDT

    Hi everyone.

    After 4 weeks of trying I have finally got a Astra Umax 2200SU on
    my desk. Works fine under windoze. Nothing under SuSE 6.3 though.

    Could someone help me through what is needed next? I see generic scsi loaded as
    a module in menuconfig but no support for aix7xxx. Is this the one I need? In
    which case could someone tell me how to install this as a module? I do not have
    the manual available (lent to friend to install over weekend!)

    Or am I missing something simple here? Yast will not go any further on scanner
    install since it can't find any scsi devices. The boot up sequence gives:

    scsi : 0 hosts
    scsi : detected total

    And, no surprize, SANE can't see it either.

    Any help much appreciated.

    Best wishes from Steve & Clara at FeF, Spain.