Re: system hangs

From: Eric Galluzzo (eng@one.net)
Date: Fri Mar 24 2000 - 19:28:50 PST

    "Michael J. Smith" wrote:

    > Running Linux 2.2.13, Adaptec 1540/42 (_not_
    > in "plug and play" mode) connecting to a Microtek
    > X6 EL, rev. 1.04. The SCSI driver finds the
    > scanner just fine, but any flavor of scanimage
    > causes a system hang. Anybody else have this
    > problem, or any clue as to what may be happening?

    Actually, I too run 2.2.13, with the Microtek X6EL and the Adaptec SCSI
    card that came with the scanner, and it hangs in just the same fashion --
    usually. Sometimes (very occasionally) it decides to work, but often only
    for one or two scans before it then hangs again. Sometimes it hangs the
    whole system and sometimes just xscanimage. Sometimes (not very often) I
    even have trouble inserting the aic_7xxx kernel module! So, I sympathize
    but unfortunately can't offer any suggestions.

    However, people on the list earlier suggested that I try a different
    interrupt for the SCSI card, since I was worried that my existing one might
    already be used. It didn't work for me but might for you. :)

         - Eric

    --
    "God is real, unless  // Name: // Eric Galluzzo // eng@one.net