Can thumbnails be included in jpeg images generated by xsane?

From: Rick Rosinski (rick@rickrosinski.com)
Date: Tue Mar 21 2000 - 17:27:57 PST

    I noticed that there are no thumbnails in the images that I browse though
    Gimp's file load dialog; the dialog reports that preview is not available.
    Other jpegs generated by other programs show up fine in the preview. IS there
    a way to have xsane save jpegs with the thumbnail?

    --
    Rick Rosinski
    http://www.rickrosinski.com