Re: [epson] ident failed - Epson Perfection 636U

From: Torsten Howard (torsten@inetw.net)
Date: Sat Mar 18 2000 - 12:53:26 PST

    Hello,

    This is a short addendum. I've noticed that when the scanner green light is on and steady, the scanner carriage light is also on. When I first power on/plug in/replug in the scanner, and all is ready,

    'scanimage -d epson' returns
    [epson] error in receive - status = 62
    [epson] error in receive - status = 5
    [epson] ident failed
    scanimage: open of device epson failed: Invalid argument

    the second time I run this command, before printing anything out, the green light changed red and flashed quickly, and the scanner carriage light goes out (!).

    The programs seems to never quit, and the printer indefinitely flashing the red light. I can now control-C out of the scanimage program (normally the scanimage program doesn't respond to control-C) and power off/on the scanner.

    Torsten