xsane-0.57 freezes

From: lduperval@sprint.ca
Date: Fri Mar 10 2000 - 12:23:58 PST

    I'm on a Linux 2.2.x platform. I'm using xsane 0.57 with a Umax 1220s
    flatbed scanner. I'm using a cheap AHA154x SCSI card. It's slow but it's
    always worked fine. Except now. I'm using xsane to acquire previews and
    while it's acquiring, I switch to one of the consoles while it acquires
    and i've noticed that after two or three "acquires", xsane freezes. I
    have to kill it with kill -9. Has anyone else seen this?