Re: syntax of sane-net device?

From: Petter Reinholdtsen (pere@hungry.com)
Date: Wed Mar 08 2000 - 23:43:19 PST

    [Oliver Rauch]
    > As far as I know that is not supported and I think it also is no
    > good idea. Add each hostname.

    It is supported and a good idea. Read the manual page for saned, and
    learn how to use '+' in saned.conf.

    [Bill Sebok]
    > I strongly disagree. I wish wildcards were available:
    > *.astro.umd.edu or at least netgroups.

    If you want this fine-grain control, you place saned behind
    tcp-wrapper and disable the acccess control in saned with '+'. Read
    the manual page for both.

    I do not think it is a good idea to implement better access control in
    saned when tcp-wrapper already to the job better then we will every
    do.

    --
    ##>  Petter Reinholdtsen  <##  |  pere@td.org.uit.no