Re: syntax of sane-net device?

From: William L. Sebok (wls@astro.umd.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 08 2000 - 09:07:22 PST

    Oliver Rauch wrote:
    > As far as I know that is not supported and I think it also is no good idea.
    > Add each hostname.

    I strongly disagree. I wish wildcards were available: *.astro.umd.edu or
    at least netgroups. Without them it is so much trouble to list all of the
    hosts for a lesser used function like network scanning that I have just left it
    wide open. It would be yet another place to list the couple of hundred
    machines in our domain. Machines are constantly being added and deleted,
    mostly by the other system manager in the department besides myself. Even if I
    would remember to edit that file I doubt if I could get the other guy to
    remember.

    Bill Sebok Computer Software Manager, Univ. of Maryland, Astronomy
            Internet: wls@astro.umd.edu URL: http://www.astro.umd.edu/~wls/