Re: USB Microtek ScanMaker X6

From: John Fremlin (vii@altern.org)
Date: Mon Mar 06 2000 - 14:08:46 PST

    Oliver Neukum <Oliver.Neukum@lrz.uni-muenchen.de> writes:

    > I can tell you, having the same scanner, that I know of no working driver and
    > no one working on one. I tried to use wine for recording the USB commands the
    > win driver sends, but no luck as yet. I'll get the newest wine snapshot, but I
    > have little hope in that direction.

    [...]

    Have you tried getting the specs out of Microtek yet? Microtek seems
    to have a bunch of offices dotted about the globe, and because each arm
    of the company is unlikely to know what the others are doing, we stand
    a chance, I think. How about if I email the American office to start
    with?

    If enough people pestered them, they might sit up and take notice.

    --

    http://altern.org/vii