Problems compiling xsane-0.57 with sane-1.0.2

From: Ralph Angenendt (ralph@strg-alt-entf.org)
Date: Mon Mar 06 2000 - 00:57:21 PST

    I have some problems here when trying to configure xsane-0.57
    with sane installed in /usr/local/*. configure doesn't find sane.h
    (although sane-config --cflags does give the correct path) and I get
    an error "checking for sane_init in -lsane... no" (though ld.conf
    knows the whereabouts of the Sane libraries).

    Any help is appreciated.

    Ralph

    --
    "The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is probably the
    day they start making vacuum cleaners" - Ernst Jan Plugge