EPSON Perfection 610 Now Supported

From: Karl Heinz Kremer (khk@khk.net)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2000 - 18:02:15 PST

    I just got some good news from the owner of an EPSON Perfection 610:
    After quite a bit of work I managed to get it to work with the
    backend in all modes it supports.

    Thanks to EPSON's "Developer Relattions" department it was not nearly
    as complicated as it could have been without their help. They were
    very helpful in providing information.

    The newest release of the backend also fully supports the TPU with
    the Perfection 1200 scanners (this was actually aleady in the last
    release, but I did not send out this information yet).

    Because of the code freeze these changes will not go into the CVS
    repository until the official SANE release is out the door. You
    can however get the software from my web site:
    http://www.khk.net/ - just click on the EPSON Backend link and
    download the newest file from the list at the end of the page.

    Have fun with it and keep the bug reports comming :-)

    Karl Heinz

    --
    Karl Heinz Kremer                                      khk@khk.net
                                                    http://www.khk.net