Re: microtek X6EL

From: Brian Green (green@rhythm.com)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2000 - 07:57:41 PST

    > Brian Green wrote:
    >
    > But...
    > scanimage -d microtek2:/dev/scanner -T
    > seems to write out correct information,
    > the scanner then makes some slow strange
    > sounds and then the program hangs.
    > I can then hit Ctrl-C to stop the program -
    > but I must turn the scanner off to get the
    > prompt back. More interestingly, if I turn the
    > scanner off, then back on without hitting
    > ctrl-C first, the scan bar ( is that the correct term? )
    > travels from the bottom to the top and then seems
    > to get stuck there.

    Thanks for all the responses. I was able to get
    the scanner to work but I had to use the
    scsi card included with the scanner ( Adaptec AIC-7856 )
    rather than my Tekram DC-390. The Tekram DC-390
    has a HD50-pin connector and the Microtek X6EL has
    a DB25-pin connector. So I needed to use use
    a cable converter to connect the scanner to the
    Tekram card. Perhaps the converter was defective,
    or perhaps this type of cabling is always doomed.
    The Adaptec AIC-7856 has a 25 pin connector and after
    connecting the scanner to this card it works fine.

    --
    Brian J. Green
    Rhythm & Hues Studios Inc.