Problems with remote-scanning

From: Harald Bauer (hbauer@online.de)
Date: Wed Mar 01 2000 - 14:15:47 PST

    my lhii-sane-backend works fine with scanimage and xscanimage
    on the local machine.
    If I try to scan with saned, I have the following effects:

      If the amount of the scanned data is smaller than about 9k,
      scanimage works fine. With xscanimage I get a segmentation fault.

      If the amount of data to be scanned is bigger than 9k, it reads about
    9k
      and then it hangs (the same effect with scanimage and xscanimage).

    Is there somebody on this list who knows about this kind of problems?

    CU, Harald