Re: Phantom 636cx and microtek2

From: Levente NOVAK (novak@jaguar.dote.hu)
Date: Wed Mar 01 2000 - 02:10:34 PST

    Hi all,

    I've finally got Microtek's scanner test software running under wine a
    while ago. Only the 32-bit scan32.exe is working, but I am able to do a
    test scan this way.

    I would like to ask especially Bernd Schroeder if he is interested in the
    trace log I get while scanning. I do not want to post it to the mailing
    list, as it is about 96 KB. Hopefully for somebody better than me at ASPI
    command decoding, it may help to resolve the problems that still remain
    for Microtek Phantom 636cx and the microtek2 driver, especially the now
    famous vertical stripes problem.

    BTW is it enough to use wine with -debugmsg +aspi, or should I use other
    switches in addition? I am aware that this way only the commands sent to
    the scanner can be traced and not what the device itself is responding to
    these, but the IO track patch I could find is for a pretty old version of
    wine.

    Levente