Re: sane-devel-20000227 error: no "rev"

From: Jens Scheithauer (jenss@sco.COM)
Date: Mon Feb 28 2000 - 15:18:46 PST

    There is also no rev command on UnixWare. Wolfgang seems to have found
    this open source implementation of the rev command and appended the source
    to the README.unixware2. I've compiled it and use it to build SANE on
    UnixWare 7. I assume you could do the same for Solaris.

    -Jens

    On Mon, 28 Feb 2000, William L. Sebok wrote:

    > There is no "rev" command in Solaris. Here is a section from the install log
    > of sane-devel-20000227 on Solaris 2.6.

    > Libraries have been installed in:
    > /local/lib/sane
    >
    > If you ever happen to want to link against installed libraries
    > in a given directory, LIBDIR, you must either use libtool, and
    > specify the full pathname of the library, or use `-LLIBDIR'
    > flag during linking and do at least one of the following:
    > - add LIBDIR to the `LD_LIBRARY_PATH' environment variable
    > during execution
    > - use the `-RLIBDIR' linker flag
    >
    > See any operating system documentation about shared libraries for
    > more information, such as the ld(1) and ld.so(8) manual pages.
    > /bin/sh: rev: not found
    > /bin/sh: rev: not found
    > /bin/sh: rev: not found
    > /bin/sh: rev: not found
    > .././install-sh -c libsane.la /local/lib/libsane.la
    >
    > Fortunately, rev does not appear to be used anywhere else.
    > ---
    > Bill Sebok Computer Software Manager, Univ. of Maryland, Astronomy
    > Internet: wls@astro.umd.edu URL: http://www.astro.umd.edu/~wls/

    Jens Scheithauer The Santa Cruz Operation Limited
    Software Engineer Registered in England No 2063779
                                         Croxley Business Park, Hatters Lane
    Tel: +44 (0)1923 813 803 Watford, WD1 8YN
    Fax: +44 (0)1923 813 804 England