Re: xsane as root - final mail

From: Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Date: Mon Feb 28 2000 - 06:30:41 PST

    Hi everyone,

    I think we should stop the discussion at that point.

    What I see is that there are more than one or two people
    running xsane or everything as root. That was one thing I wanted
    to find out and I also see they fight for the possibility to continue to do so.

    It is a very strange because they are too lazy to do a "useradd" and some "su -"
    commands but they want to change the sourcecode of xsane when it will not run
    as root.

       In the future xsane will open a warning window when started as root, but it will work.

    Who does not like that warning should really think if it is better to call a
    useradd command and some "su -" commands than to change the sourcecode
    of each version of xsane.

    Bye
    Oliver

    --