I've made a new unstable development snapshot available from
<URL:http://www.student.uit.no/~pere/linux/>. I also generated a
backend list available from
Please check to make sure the backend list is up to date.
To update a previous snapshot using cvs, run 'cvs update -d'. If you
are asked to log in first, run 'cvs login' and use 'anoncvs' as the
We are currently in code freeze before the upcoming release 1.0.2
planned for 2000-03-05. I've reduced the default warning level used
when compiling with GCC. I hope this will remove all compile problems
reported last week.
The only vital unsolved problem left is the shared library naming on
Irix 6.5. The libraries are called libsane-*.2 instead of the
expected libsane-*.1. This makes the DLL backend fail on Irix 6.5.
If anyone knows how to fix this, please post a patch. I will release
1.0.2 even if this problem remains.
Please let us know if there still are problems with this snapshot, and
post patches with documentation updated which should go into the next
Last weeks changelog:
2000-02-27 Petter Reinholdtsen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* backend/v4l*.desc: Changed description from v4l to Video For
* backend/lhii.desc: Updated with URL to LHII drivers home page.
* README.unixware7: Added compile information for SCO UnixWare 7
from Jens Scheithauer.
2000-02-26 Karl Heinz Kremer <email@example.com>
* doc/sane-epson.man: Updated documentation for EPSON
2000-02-26 Chris Pinkham <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* backend/artec.desc: updated statuses, added link to a webpage for
AS6E parallel models, added manpage info.
2000-02-26 Abel Deuring <email@example.com>
* Sharp man page updated; man page added to doc/Makefile.in
2000-02-26 Petter Reinholdtsen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* configure.in: Don't use -ansi and -pedantic unless
--enable-warnings is used. Warnings are now disabled by default
to prepare for the next release.
2000-02-24 Petter Reinholdtsen <email@example.com>
* tools/sane-desc.el: In backend web page, packends not included
in the distribution have the version number in parentheses.
-- ##> Petter Reinholdtsen <## | firstname.lastname@example.org
-- Source code, list archive, and docs: http://www.mostang.com/sane/ To unsubscribe: echo unsubscribe sane-devel | mail email@example.com
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Sun Feb 27 2000 - 08:33:16 PST