speed of the the latest cvs (yesterday) and Kernel 2.3.46

From: Rene Rebe (rene.rebe@myokay.net)
Date: Thu Feb 24 2000 - 13:27:06 PST

    Hi, out there!

    /* I had to resend this, because I was subscribt with my old eMail-adr
       ... I hope it will only apear once ;-) */

    Because of the major improvements of the generic scsi interface in the
    2.3 kernel series (I thought there are some ...) I updated my server
    to the 2.3.46 Kernel and recompiled sane (yesterday-cvs).

    I wanted to make some benchmarks for my avision-backend web-page and
    noticed that this new combination is MUCH SLOWER!

    The Avision is connected to an Adaptec AHA-2940-U with pentium 120.

    With 2.2.12 and a end-january-cvs an a4 - 400dpi - color scan took
    180s.

    With 2.2.46 and the yesterday-cvs the same scan took 236s! Which is
    56s (31%) slower ...!

    Does anyone has the same problem?? Or maybe know what could be wrong??

    (I hope the english is "readable"...)

    k33p h4ck1n6 René

    --
    Registered Linux user: #127875

    Anyone sending unwanted advertising e-mail to this address will be charged $25 for network traffic and computing time. By extracting my address from this message or its header, you agree to these terms.