Re: Getting scanner listed as a device

From: Karl Heinz Kremer (khk@khk.net)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2000 - 18:10:25 PST

    On Wed, Feb 23, 2000 at 10:12:32AM -0500, Bart Szyszka wrote:
    > Well like I said, I've already used a command that's supposed to find
    > what device my scanner is connected to and it didn't. My question was
    > how to get my scanner connected to a device.

    I am not familiar with the query protocol of your scanner, but I'm
    pretty sure you need read and write access to the device. Check the
    permissions on the device file in /dev and adjust them if they are
    not set correctly.

    Karl Heinz

    --
    Karl Heinz Kremer                                      khk@khk.net