Re: Epson GT-6000

From: Jesper Anderson (jesper@pobox.com)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2000 - 01:46:45 PST

    On Wed, Feb 23, 2000 at 09:23:45AM -0000, Jonathan Buzzard wrote:
    > >I have an old Epson GT-6000 parallell port scanner.
    <snip>
    > As I understand it in sane.conf where you would put /dev/scanner
    > or whatever the device the scanner is hanging off you should put
    > the port number of the parallel port the scanner is on. Hence if
    > it is on parallel port one you would put 0x387, and 0x287 for
    > parallel port two.

    Ok, I tried that. Unfortunately 'scanimage -L' still tells me I have
    no sane devices.

    I assume I place sane.conf in /usr/local/etc/sane.d/, and that it
    is essentially a clone of epson.conf? I can't find any docs on this
    either, nor any example sane.conf files.

    Any idea on whether I need some form of SCSI support in the kernel for
    this to work?

    Btw, it works well under Win 3.1/95/98, but NT refuses to find it
    through the parallell port.

    > In short no. If you get it working write it up and I will put a link
    > on my parallel port scanners page.

    I'll be happy to. Now all I have to do is get it to work ... :)

    Jesper

    -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759