Epson GT-6000

From: Jesper Anderson (jesper@pobox.com)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2000 - 00:01:44 PST

    I have an old Epson GT-6000 parallell port scanner. From what I have
    read in the archives and on the SANE websites it appears that this
    should work with SANE.

    Unfortunately I can't find any information on how to set this up,
    except a very vague mention that I should replace something with the
    IO port of the scanner interface. There is no mention of what the
    /dev/scanner device should be, nor where this information should be
    placed.

    Does any documentation on how to set SANE up for this type of scanner
    exist? The docs I've found so far all assume that I've already managed
    to set up the scanner so that SANE will find it; I find very little
    material on how to make this happen.

    Also, I find no mention on whether the kernel SCSI emulation is needed
    for this kind of setup.

    Thanks in advance,

    Jesper

    -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759