Re: Solaris and Sane

From: Peter Kirchgessner (peter@kirchgessner.net)
Date: Tue Feb 22 2000 - 13:11:24 PST

    Michael Laajanen wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am also using Solaris 7 on a Sparc 5.
    >
    > I have purchased a HP 6300C a few days ago and I have alot of problems
    > that the "Schilling scsi scg driver" or SANE is locking the SCSI bus
    > causing my usually so stabile SS5 to hang or atleast get very very
    > slow.
    >
    > I get usually get "[sanei_scsi] sanei_scsi_cmd 8: timeout" in the
    > shell from wich I started xsaneimage.

    There has been a problem with HP-CD-drives and HP scanners on the same
    SCSI-bus in the hp-backend of SANE-1.0. This has been fixed in the
    hp-backend which you can download from my homepage. But this might not
    fiy the problems with the SCSI-timeout. But you can try it.

    --Peter

    --
    Peter Kirchgessner
    WWW:    http://www.kirchgessner.net