Re: backend fork/reader-process <-> sane_read

From: Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Date: Sun Feb 20 2000 - 15:13:52 PST

    Yuri Dario wrote:

    > Hi,
    > >wait until data is available.
    > >If this works like I expect we do not need any fork or thread.
    > that's will be nice: fork() is not the best solution for OS/2, and my
    > threads implementation is not perfect.

    at least at unix a fork is more compatible than a thread.
    But I think in the moment the fork is used very stupid.

    We will be most compatible to all systems if we do not use anything like that.

    When I find the time I will play around a bit with a reader routine
    without a fork and a second or a larger buffer. But that will not
    come for sane-1.0.2 ;-)

    E-Mail:         mailto:Oliver.Rauch@Wolfsburg.DE

    -- Source code, list archive, and docs: To unsubscribe: echo unsubscribe sane-devel | mail