Re: UMAX S6E color scan

From: David Lindgren (dave@thelonious.new.ox.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Feb 17 2000 - 02:53:05 PST

    Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE) wrote:
    > Who is using a a scanner with one of the following ids?
    >
    > UMAX S-6E
    > UMAX S-6EG
    > Vista-S6E

    I have a Vista-S6E hanging off the back of my Linux box.

    I am using the stock sane-1.0.1.tar.gz (suitably patched to cope with
    GIMP_EXTENSION conflict with newer GIMPs).

    > Does a colorscan work (not a preview, a real scan)?

    Yes, no problems. Scan quality is pretty poor, but I just put that
    down to the quality of the scanner rather than the software driving
    it.

    Works fine using xsane and xscanimage as plugins to GIMP.

    Dave