.desc file without it's backend

From: Petter Reinholdtsen (pere@hungry.com)
Date: Mon Feb 07 2000 - 03:10:06 PST

    I just discovered a backend .desc file without the backend.

    plustek.desc gives information on the Plustek backend, but the backend
    is not included in the SANE distribution.

    Is this the accepted way of linking to backends not yet in the
    distribution? If so, I guess we should put in a .desc file for all
    the others that are known, but are not ready to be included in the
    next release.

    --
    ##>  Petter Reinholdtsen <##    | pere@td.org.uit.no
     O-  <SCRIPT Language="Javascript">window.close()</SCRIPT>