Re: Canon FS2710 ?

From: Manuel Panea (mpd@rzg.mpg.de)
Date: Thu Jan 27 2000 - 04:24:52 PST

    On Wed, 26 Jan 2000, Heno Ivanov wrote:

    > Is there any work done with the canon FS2710?
    >
    > The current canon backend (supports FS2700) is only partially
    > compatible with the new model. (scanning results are extremly light,
    > probably problems with the increased bit depth?)

    Hi. There is no support for model FS2710 in the current version of the
    Canon backend. The problems which you describe are known and they
    apparently do have to do with the increased bit depth. Some people have
    expressed interest in extending the existing Canon backend to support the
    FS2710, but it seems the documentation for the FS2710 is not available
    from Canon yet. If you want to keep informed about any progress, join the
    Canon backend mailing list (details at the Canon backend web page
    http://www.rzg.mpg.de/~mpd).

    Regards,

      Manuel Panea Tel. +49 89 3299 1133
      Rechenzentrum Garching Fax +49 89 3299 1301
      Postfach 1533 E-mail: mpd@rzg.mpg.de
      85740 Garching, Germany http://www.rzg.mpg.de/~mpd